Man City Vs Wolves Match Full Summary : The match between the team of Man City vs Wolves is to be played on September 17, whose live report will be provided to you in this article, if you people are interested in reading football news, then you will stay with us in this article.
Man City Vs Wolves Match Full Summary
For Wolves, both Costa and Raul Jiminez are also unavailable, meaning that it’s Podence leading the line for the home side. Despite the injuries up top, Hwang Hee-chan, who was predicted to start, only makes the bench. For City, Aymeric Laporte is still not ready to play, which means Guardiola has opted for John Stones at right-back.
- Three of Wolves’ four Premier League victories over Manchester City have come in home games, beating them at Molineux in 2003-04, 2010-11 and 2019-20.
- After losing both league meetings with Wolves in 2019-20, Manchester City have won each of their last four against them by an aggregate score of 13-3.
- Wolves earned their first win in 13 Premier League games against Southampton last time out, while they’re looking to win back-to-back home league games for the first time since November 2021.
- Wolves haven’t scored in the second half in any of their last seven Premier League games – it’s their longest such run in the competition, while the last team to have a longer streak were Southampton between October and December last season (8).
- Manchester City are unbeaten in their last 21 Premier League away games (W15 D6) since a 1-0 loss at Spurs in their opening game last season. However, their last two away games have finished level, with the Citizens not going three without a win on the road since July 2020.
Jack Grealish : GOAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!!! IT HAS NOT EVEN BEEN 60 SECONDS YET, BUT MAN CITY HAVE SCORED. De Bruyne makes an overlapping run behind Foden, and he crosses it into the box for Jack Grealish to nick it away for his first goal of the season. Wolves 0-1 Man City.
Manchester City’s Jack Grealish celebrates scoring their first goal with Phil Foden and Bernardo Silva
City have the ball in the back of the net again, but it is quickly chalked off as Rodri, who had scored, fouled Sa who had both hands on the ball.
Rodri (Yellow Card) : Diaz seems to be distracted, and Rodri has to react as Wolves get the ball, pulling back Nunes by the shirt. It’s right in front of Anthony Taylor, and Wolves get a free-kick right outside of the box.
Erling Haaland : GOAAAALLLLLLLLLL!!!! Wolves 0-2 Man City! Who else but Erling Haaland? Wolves lose the ball again, and City take advantage of the gaps. Haaland receives the ball and runs at Max Kilman, who he turns inside-out with ease. The striker then fires his shot past Sa, scoring his 14th goal of the season.
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola with assistant manager Rodolfo Borrell
Guedes makes a great run in behind and he gets the ball to Neto. He’s on his weaker side, but he takes the shot which beats Ederson and is just inches wide.
Manchester City’s Jack Grealish scores their first goal
Nathan Collins (Red Card) : Nathan Collins got a red card in the 33rd minute of the match, IT’S A STRAIGHT RED CARD FOR COLLINS. It’s a flying kick on Grealish, and it’s WAY too high! That is not a good challenge at all. He has not done his team any favours at all. It is especially reckless since it is nowhere near goal.
Manchester City’s Erling Braut Haaland celebrates scoring their second goal with Manuel Akanji, Jack Grealish, Ruben Dias and Bernardo Silva
Wolverhampton Wanderers’ Nathan Collins looks dejected after being shown a red card
Wolverhampton Wanderers’ Nathan Collins is shown a red card by referee Anthony Taylor
Man City’s team has kept its lead strong for 45 minutes, now it has to be seen whether Wolves’ team can take the lead from Man City after half time or Man City maintain their dominance.
Manchester City’s Jack Grealish goes down after sustaining an injury as Bernardo Silva looks on
After half time the score is 0-2 Wolves team has not been able to score a single goal yet and Man City have scored their 2 goals till the first half so far Man City team has the upper hand, let’s see what happens next See you after half time.
It took Manchester City 55 seconds to get on the scoresheet through Grealish, and from that moment, the visitors were all over the home side. Haaland doubled the lead a quarter of an hour later to score his 14th goal of the season. It went from bad to worse for Wolves as a reckless and unnecessary challenge from Collins saw him get a straight red card.
From here it seems that the team of Man City will win this match.
|1||Shots on target||4|